Nutritious Salad Recipe with Plenty of Crunch | Veronica's Snacks
Nutritious salad recipe with plenty of crunch
Looking for a hearty salad that’s super tasty and super quick? Read on because I have just the thing!
SESAME CRUNCH SALAD
- 10 ounces tofu, cubed -or prawns or chicken
- 8oz teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 head of romaine hearts, sliced thinly
- 2 small cucumbers, julienned
- 2 small carrots, peeled and julienned
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly
- 200g fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2-4 oz almonds, browned if possible
- 4 crushed rice crackers or 10g Veronica’s Snacks crisps (10 crisps)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Dressing- 1 tablespoon of seasame oil and 1/2
- Toss cubbed tofu or chicken in teriyaki sauce. Marinate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Add seasame oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add marinated tofu and sauté for 10 minutes, until tofu is browned. Stir frequently. After tofu has browned remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, including cooked tofu. Toss with dressing of choice.
Tip: If you like a bit of spice, feel free to add Chilli flakes.