Mediterranean Grilled Chickpea-Stuffed Avocados - Veronica's Snacks
Mediterranean grilled chickpea-stuffed avocados
- 1 13-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Grapeseed oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced (about half a large cucumber)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus additional for serving (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. The temperature gauge should read about 400°F once heated.
- Place the rinsed chickpeas onto a paper towel and dry well. Transfer to a small bowl, peeling off any of the papery skins that come lose while you dried the chickpeas. Spray the chickpeas generously with grapeseed oil spray and then toss with the smoked paprika and a few generous twists of salt and pepper.
- Place the chickpeas into the bottom of the grill basked into an even, flat layer. Place onto the grill and cook for 10 minutes. Then, spray the chickpeas again with grapeseed oil and stir around. Cook for another 10-12 minutes until lightly charred and crispy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cut the avocados in half, removing the pit. Scoop out the center of the avocado so you have a large, deep hole. Spray the avocados with grapeseed oil spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flesh-side down, onto the grill and cook until nice grill marks form, about five minutes.
- While the avocados cook, mix the cucumber, tomatoes and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the cucumber mixture between each avocado half, making sure to really stuff it into the center. Top each half with 1 tablespoon of chickpeas* and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of tahini.
- Garnish with cilantro and devour!
* You will not use all of the chickpeas in this recipe, only about 1/3 of the can. But, it’s easier to just grill the whole can and then snack on the extra crispy chickpea goodness!